Ensuring workers safety while working at height, that seems obvious.
But where do we start and how do we proceed?
Follow the guide!
- Removing the risk
Modifying equipment or work to eliminate working at height: work from the ground
- Assessing unavoidable risks
Conducting an inventory and analysis of risks and their dangerousness (falls, slips, etc.)
- Fighting risks at the source
The closer the fall prevention devices are installed to the source of the risk, the more the risk is reduced
- Giving priority to collective protection
Providing permanent facilities for access to and circulation in the work area: stairs, walkways, platforms, guardrails, etc.
- Using personal protective equipment
Harnesses and anchor points, fall arrest systems or access restriction systems
- Providing users with appropriate instructions, training and equipment
Providing training and safety instructions for the proper use of equipment and facilities
- Taking into account the evolution of technology
Ensuring compliance of security solutions